Scene: A nice morning in Pleasant Grove. A very together mom is cleaning up the kitchen. Out of the corner of her eye she notices the cat playing with something. Living in her nice world she believes the cat is playing with his toy.
Enter: Reality.
Ok, so I am thinking that Mellow has another bug, being the great hunter he is. Not even close!!!!!!!!!
I walk over to the landing on the stairs and see a small ball. That small ball was not a ball, but a snake. Yes, I did scream and then throw the colander over it. I was not going to touch it and all the brave neighbors (ie. the men) were gone. So, who ya going to call? Camille. Yes, our little neighbor and friend to all snakes. I called Heleen and asked if I could borrow her to get the snake out. And she did beautifully! So glad that a 5 year old could save the day! And yes, I did sterilize the colander.
Side note: This reminds me of Pee Wee's Big Adventure when he runs into the burning pet shop and saves everything. He keeps passing the snakes until they are the only animals left and then runs outside holding tons of these little snakes. Just a random memory. Thanks for reading. :)
The colander...
My heroine and the offender (see, it was a big one!)
It's been a minute
1 year ago

6 comments:
Ha... That is so darn funny that you called over the little neighbor girl. I wouldn't have touched it either, not sure what I would have done, freak out for sure. Thanks for coming by and saying hello.
Cumon! That's the size of a worm! :)
We had a baby rattle snake in our bathroom one summer, when we first moved in and hadn't put the kick plate on the front door yet. The mean little sucker snuck under the door. Thank goodness James was home!
Camille is good for oh so many things :)
Oh sick! I would've freaked out! Freak Out! Freak Out! Freak Out!
Miss you Michele!
What a wimp :) I don't mind snakes, well not rattle snakes, but I hate spiders!
That is a great story. Way to go Camille. You are right that was a HUGE one.
Post a Comment